Miscellaneous Technical How-Tos Windows - Show Hidden Folders
Windows - Show Hidden Folders
In some cases you may need to access hidden files or folders for troubleshooting steps.
To show hidden folders in Windows Vista or 7:
- Open any folder on your computer. Click the Organize button and select Folder and search options
- In the Folder Options window select the View tab and in the Advanced settings list choose the option to Show hidden files, folder, and drives.
- Click OK and you can now view hidden folders in Windows.
To show hidden folders in Windows 8.1:
- Open any folder on on your computer. Click the View tab at the top and to the right check the box that say Hidden items.
- You can now view hidden folders in Windows.