Searching in NeatWith all the stored documents within your Neat account, it can become a bit overwhelming trying to find the exact item you are looking for. Luckily, Neat is making your life easier by providing quick and easy ways to locate your information.
- How can I search across all of my data?
- How can I search for items within Neat using filters?
- What is a keyword search filter and how do I use it?
- Why am I unable to do an advanced search?
How can I search across all of my data?When logging into the Neat web app, you will see a search bar at the top towards the left. When inputting information within the search bar, the system conducts a search across all data held within your account.
Click the search dropdown, to select the types of files you are searching for. You can select Files to search your file cabinet, or Transactions to search for transactions streamed from your bank account.
How can I search for items within Neat using filters?
- You can filter items from any view in Neat. Locate items you want to filter.
- At the top of the window, you will see a box labeled Filters. If you are in a folder in your file cabinet, then you will also see a box labeled Item type.
- When you click on the dropdown arrow within the box labeled item type, you will see multiple options appear. Here, you can select multiple item types to filter just the specific item types you are looking for.
- When you click on the dropdown arrow within the box labeled Filters, you will see multiple options appear. Here, you can filter items using the various column fields available in Neat. You can filter by as many of these categories as possible all at one time.
What is a keyword search filter and how do I use it?A keyword search filter allows you to filter a group of items by your own filter term. Check out the example below.
- In this example, we need to locate a receipt that contains items we purchased for a party. I know that the receipt includes a couple items including pasta.
- To do a keyword search for pasta, click Filters, then select Keyword Search.
- In the Keyword Search text box, enter the keyword you want to search and filter by. In this example we will search by the keyword 'bananas'.
- Neat will then reload and show me only the items that include my keyword.