Neat makes organizing a breeze with vendor mapping! In Neat, vendor mapping allows you to assign categories to vendors in the transactions section of Neat. Neat will automatically update a transaction's category to a mapped category.
Vendor Mapping FAQs
- How do I open vendor mapping?
- How do I map my vendors?
- How do I add new vendors?
- How do I enable, disable, or delete vendors?
- How do I edit my vendors?
How do I open vendor mapping?To access Vendor Mapping:
- Click your name in the top right to open the dropdown list.
- Select Vendor Mapping.
- A pop-up window will appear with the Vendor Mapping tab already open.
How do I map my vendors?
- Open Vendor Mapping.
- Find the vendor you want to map in the Vendors column. You can also search for the vendor by typing the vendor into the search bar.
- In the Category column, click the drop-down to see your available Chart of Accounts categories. Select the category you want to map to your vendor.
Please Note: You can easily add and edit your categories in the Chart of Accounts while mapping your vendors.
- Your changes are saved automatically! When you're done, click the 'X' in the top right corner of the window to close vendor mapping.
How do I add new vendors?
- Open Vendor Mapping.
- Click +ADD
- Enter the name of the vendor and click Save.
How do I enable, disable, or delete vendors?Vendors are automatically enabled when created. The icon to the left of the vendor name indicates if it is enabled or disabled. A blue eye icon indicates it is enabled. A gray eye with a slash indicates it is disabled.
To enable a vendor:
- If a vendor is disabled, click the gray eye icon immediately to the left of the vendor to re-enable it.
- The vendor name will cease to be gray and the eye icon will turn blue indicating the vendor is now enabled.
To disable a vendor:
- Click the blue eye icon immediately to the left of the vendor to disable it.
- The icon and the vendor name will turn gray indicating the vendor is now disabled.
"This vendor is currently assigned to one or more transactions and cannot be disabled."
You cannot delete vendors but you can disable or edit them to change the name as needed.
How do I edit my vendors?To edit existing vendor names:
- Find the vendor in the Vendor column.
- Hover your mouse over the vendor name.
- Click the pencil icon that appears when you hover over the vendor.
- You will now be able to edit the vendor name listed.
- After making your changes, click Save