Sharing Accounts in Neat
Learn how to share your Neat account with others in the Neat web app. Neat allows you to easily collaborate with others by sharing your account with them. The recipient(s) will gain full access to your Neat account. Find the answers to our most frequently asked questions about folder sharing below.
- What is account sharing?
- How many users can I share my account with?
- Can I change my user permissions?
- How do I share my account?
- How can I verify who I shared my account with previously?
- How do I comment on an item in a shared Neat account?
- How do I revoke access to my Neat account?
- Can multiple accounts be shared with me?
- I’ve been given access to multiple account, how do I switch between these accounts?
What is account sharing?
Account sharing allows you to invite other users to your Neat account. Upon accepting an invitation to your Neat account, these users will create their own login credentials to your account and will have full access to view, edit, and comment on all items stored in your Neat account. If you wish to selectively share only a portion of your Neat account with another user, then please see steps for Folder Sharing.
How many users can I share my account with?
The amount of users you can share your Neat account with depends on the subscription plan you have activated on your Neat account. Of Neat's currently available plans, only customers with a NeatBooks or NeatFiles Unlimited subscription can share their account with other users. NeatBooks and NeatFiles Unlimited plan customers can share their account with up to 4 other users. These users do not need to have their own active Neat account.
Can I change my user permissions?
No, at this time you cannot adjust permissions for users you share your account with. We understand the importance of this feature and are working to implement this in a future update.