Bulk Edit in NeatYou can now edit multiple items at once in Neat. Do you need to set the same category for multiple receipts or set several items from unreviewed to review at one time? The bulk edit option allows you to do that and more.
Bulk Editing in the File Cabinet
- Prior to opening the Bulk Edit option, select the items you wish to edit by placing a check in the box for each item. You can select all items in the current grid by checking the box at the top of the left column header in the grid.
- Open Bulk Edit by right-clicking within the grid and selecting it from the menu.
Alternatively, you can select Bulk Edit after clicking the ellipsis in the lower right.
- You'll be presented with a list of editable fields for the items you selected. The list will be limited by the variety of items you selected so you will get the most options if your selected items are all of the same type. In the example, all items are receipts so receipt related fields are available.
- Check boxes will automatically be checked when you edit a field.
- When ready, click Next and you'll be presented with the summary window which details the changes you are about to make. Click Next to finalize your changes or Previous to make corrections.
- After clicking Next, your changes will be processed.
- Once processed, you'll get confirmation that your items were successfully edited. Click Close to finish.
Bulk Editing in Transactions
- Select the transactions you want to bulk edit, then click Bulk Edit at the bottom of the transactions grid.
- At this time, the only categories you can bulk edit are:
- No Source Document
- Save as Reconciled
- In the next window, review and confirm your changes, then click Next to continue.
Please Note: If you choose Save as Reconciled then any transaction that doesn't have a match will automatically be updated to No Source Document. This is because a source document is required in order to mark a transaction as reconciled.
- You will be presented with a confirmation window once the changes have been made.
Please Note: In order to mark a transaction as reconciled, the transaction must have a:
- Source Document