NeatDesk: Cleaning Your Scanner
Please note that the information provided on this page is related to products and/or services which are no longer supported and agent support is no longer available. This information is provided as a courtesy for users who may still need troubleshooting or FAQ information on end-of-life products.
Cleaning the Neat Desktop Scanner
Turn off the scanner and disconnect the power cord.
- Do NOT use water.
- Do NOT use abrasive cleaners.
- Do NOT spray isopropyl alcohol or any other solvent into the scanner or anywhere on
- Open the scanner by pushing the lever down on the front right side (as shown in Figure 1 below).
- Clean the feed roller & paper pad as follows:
- Gently push the paper pad mechanism to the left and lift it gently until you feel resistance. (Figure 2b) and then squeeze both sides of the paper pad mechanism and gently pull it out. (Figure 2c)
- Clean the paper pad mechanism. Be careful not to bend the metal tab.
- Wipe the feed roller from side to side and then rotate it. Repeat until its entire surface is cleaned. (Figure 2d)
- Replace the paper pad mechanism. Be sure you hear the paper pad mechanism.
- Clean the scanner lens (the glass surface inside of the scanner) as follows.
- Wipe the lens from side to side with isopropyl alcohol. Repeat until its entire surface is cleaned. Do NOT spray isopropyl alcohol or any other solvent into the scanner or anywhere on the scanner.
- Close door to NeatDesk.