Windows: Reinstalling Scanner Drivers with MS Fixit
Please note that the information provided on this page is related to products and/or services which are no longer supported and agent support is no longer available. This information is provided as a courtesy for users who may still need troubleshooting or FAQ information on end-of-life products.
Learn how to reinstall scanner drivers in Neat for Windows. The steps here are if you are unsuccessful in repairing the scanner drivers with the default method. If you need to download drivers for your scanner for the first time, click here instead. If you are having issues with your scanner, follow the steps below to remove and reinstall your scanner drivers.
Troubleshoot: Use Microsoft Fixit Utility to uninstall your scanner driver
- Open the Microsoft Fixit Utility site.
- Click the button that says Run now. If you are using Internet Explorer, click Run at the bottom of the screen. If using Firefox or Chrome, it will download the file and you can open it from your downloads.
- After you open it, you will see a loading bar. After the program finishes loading click Accept.
- At this step, select the option that says: Detect problems and let me select the fixes to apply
- Then select Uninstalling. After a few moments you will be shown a list of installed programs.
- Scroll down until you see Neat options listed. Select the option for your scanner and hit next
Neat Scanner/Model Number
Option in MS Fixit List NeatConnect – NC-1000
NeatConnect Scanner Driver NeatDesk – ND-1000
Neat ADF Scanner Driver NeatReceipts – NM-1000
Neat Mobile Scanner Driver NeatDesk Older Model – ADF-070108
Neat ADF Scanner 2008 Driver NeatReceipts Older Model – NR-030108
Neat Mobile Scanner 2008 Driver Neat Silver Mobile – SCSA4601EU
Neat Mobile Scanner (Silver) Driver
- Click Yes, try uninstall. Make sure the option is checked to uninstall and hit Next.
- The Fixit utility will then attempt to remove all traces of the Neat scanner driver. If successful, under status it will say Fixed with a green check mark.
- Click Next and choose Yes, the problem has been fixed. Click Next again and then close the Fixit utility.
- Depending on your operating system, open one of the following folders:
For computers running 32-bit versions of Windows open:
C:Program FilesCommon FilesThe Neat CompanyNeatSetup
For computers running 64-bit versions of Windows open:
C:Program Files(x86)Common FilesThe Neat CompanyNeatSetup
- Find your scanner in the list below, right-click on the appropriate .MSI file, then choose Install:
Neat Scanner Scanner
32 bit 64 bit NeatConnect NC-1000 NeatConnect Scanner Driver NeatConnect Scanner 64 Driver NeatDesk ND-1000 Neat ADF Scanner Driver Neat ADF Scanner 64 Driver NeatReceipts NM-1000 Neat Mobile Scanner Driver Neat Mobile Scanner 64 Driver NeatDesk Older Model ADF-070108 Neat ADF Scanner 2008 Driver Neat ADF Scanner 2008 64 Driver NeatReceipts Older Model NR-030108 Neat Mobile Scanner 2008 Driver Neat Mobile Scanner 2008 64 Driver Neat Silver Mobile SCSA4601EU Neat Mobile Scanner Silver Driver Neat Mobile Scanner Silver 64 Driver