3rd Party Scanners Ambir ImageScan Pro 490i
Ambir ImageScan Pro 490i
The Ambir ImageScan Pro 490i is a twain compliant scanner that integrates with the Neat Scan Utility.
Please Note: This scanner is ONLY supported in a Windows environment.
Connecting the Ambir ImageScan Pro 490i to the Neat Scan Utility
- Close Neat and disconnect your ImageScan Pro if it is connected.
- If you haven't done so already, you will need to install the twain driver for the Ambir ImageScan Pro 490i.
- Select Download next to Scanner Driver 1.4.4 to download the driver and then install it.
- Once the driver is installed, restart your computer.
- Once restarted, connect the scanner back to your computer and launch the Neat Scan Utility. The scanner drop down box will now display ImageScan Pro 490i as the selected scanner like the image above.
- Before you can scan to Neat, you will need to calibrate the Ambir ImageScan Pro 490i. To calibrate the scanner, click on the Scan button.
- A Calibration Page window will open. Load the calibration paper that came with the scanner into the scanner and click Calibrate.
- Once the calibration is done successfully you will see a message to insert the item to be scanned into the scanner now. Insert an item you wish to scan to the Neat and click OK . The item will be scanned into Neat.
Please Note: In order to scan to the Neat software, you must click on the scan button in the Neat software. If you scan using the button on the scanner, then the item will not be scanned into Neat.