Windows - Resolving Neat Driver Install not Proceeding
Help! I am trying to install a Neat scanner driver, but when I click Next nothing happens.
This issue occurs when a Neat driver was previously installed and remnants of the previous installation prevent the driver from being installed again. If you need to download drivers for your scanner for the first time, click here instead. Follow the steps below to remove and reinstall your scanner drivers.
Reinstall/Repair Neat Scanner Drivers
- Find your Neat scanner model number by looking on the underside (bottom) of the scanner.
- Unplug your scanner and close any Neat software on your computer.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\The Neat Company\Drivers and delete the folder for your scanner model:
- NM-1000: Delete the Neat Mobile Scanner folder
- ND-1000: Delete the Neat ADF Scanner folder
- NC-1000: Delete the NeatConnect Scanner folder
- ADF-070108: Delete the Neat ADF Scanner 2008 folder
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\NeatReceipts\Drivers (if you do not have a NeatReceipts folder in this path, you will see a "Windows can't find..." message - skip to the next step) and perform the following
actions for the following scanner models if they appear:
- NR-030108: Delete the Neat Mobile Scanner 2008 folder
- SCSA4601EU: Delete the M12 folder
- Depending on your operating system, open one of the following folders:
- 32-bit versions of Windows: Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\The Neat Company\Neat\Setup
- 64-bit versions of Windows: Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\The Neat Company\Neat\Setup
- Find your scanner in the list below, right-click on the appropriate .MSI file, then choose Repair:
- Model NM-1000: Neat Mobile Scanner Driver
- Model ND-1000: Neat ADF Scanner Driver
- Model NeatConnect: NeatConnect Scanner Driver
- Restart your PC. Plug the scanner back into the computer, start Neat, and try scanning again.