Neat Scanners: Troubleshoot Calibration Issues
The Neat Company has released a small utility that gives you a smooth, easy way to calibrate all NeatReceipts and NeatWorks scanners.
Note: To find out which scanner you have, turn it over and find the model number on the white label on the bottom.
This article provides a step-by-step guide to using the Scanner Maintenance Utility for the following scanner models:
To calibrate any of those models, follow these steps:
- Get the calibration sheet that came with your scanner. If you no longer have that calibration sheet, use a white sheet of paper.
- Close NeatReceipts Professional or NeatWorks and the Neat Quick Scan Center.
- Right-click the following link, and then choose Save Target As to save the setup file to your computer:
- Find and double-click SMU.exe, the setup file for the Scanner Maintenance Utility.
- In the Open File – Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- In the Chilkat Zip Self-Extractor dialog box, do one of the following:
- Click Zip to unzip the installation files for the Scanner Maintenance Utility to the same folder where you saved SMU.exe, and then click Close.
- Click Browse, and then choose another place to unzip the installation files for the Scanner Maintenance Utility, and then click Close.
- Go to wherever you unzipped the installation files in step 6 and open the folder Scanner Maintenance Utility.
- Double-click ScannerMaintenanceUtility.exe, and in the Scanner Maintenance Utility dialog box, follow the directions onscreen to calibrate your scanner.
- When you see a message that says “Calibration Success!” click OK.