Sharing Your Mobile Device Screen via ScreenLeap
As we continue to enhance and improve the Neat Mobile App, there may be occasions where you encounter an issue in the app that is easier to demonstrate than describe. The Mobile App, ScreenLeap, allows you to share your mobile device’s screen to show exactly what you are seeing on your device including what you see in the Neat app.
This article will provide you with the following information.
- Links to download ScreenLeap for iOS and Android
- How to set ScreenLeap to use Wi-Fi only
- Setting up ScreenLeap to share your mobile screen
If you agree to share your device screen please be aware you may incur data usage on your plan and may wish to share your screen at a later time when you can connect via Wi-Fi. For diagnostics and troubleshooting purposes only, your screen may be recorded.
Please follow the steps below to share your screen using the free ScreenLeap app. The ScreenLeap app is free. Depending on your mobile device plan, you may incur data usage charges while sharing your screen via ScreenLeap if you are not using Wi-Fi.
ScreenLeap Download Links:
How to set ScreenLeap to use Wi-Fi only
Once you have ScreenLeap installed and set up (see below), you can set it to use Wi-Fi only by:
- Tapping the 3 dots at the top right to open Settings.
- Slide the Disable sharing when not using Wi-Fi setting to enabled.
Setting up ScreenLeap to share your mobile screen
Follow the steps below after you have downloaded and installed ScreenLeap on your mobile device.
- Open ScreenLeap and set up a new account by tapping Create account.
- Complete the requested information including your first and last name, email address, and a password. Then pressCreate account.
- Press Create account again and allow any required permissions.
- You are now ready to begin using ScreenLeap and will have options forShare Screen Privately , Broadcast Screen, andBroadcast Camera . In most cases you will choose Share Screen Privately which will prompt you to start capturing everything displayed on your screen. Press Start now.
- You can now share your screen by pressing Invite Viewers and choosing to copy to clipboard then pasting in a reply to the email you received from your Neat support agent. They will be able to view your screen with this link as you demonstrate what you are encountering in the Neat app.
- Once finished sharing your screen, you can end the session by going back to ScreenLeap and pressing Stop.