Scan an Item in the Neat Mobile App
Learn how to scan items into Neat using your mobile device and the Neat Mobile App. With the Neat Mobile App, you can use the camera on your mobile device to take pictures and scan items into Neat. Follow the steps below.
Scan with the Neat Mobile App
- Navigate to the home screen of the Neat Mobile App and press Scan.
- Position the receipt, business card, or document you want to scan, then press the camera button when ready. The image will auto-focus when the camera button is selected.
- A preview of the image will appear on the screen. In the menu that appears at the top of the app, use the drop-down menus to change the:
- Item Type: Choose to scan your item in as a receipt, contact, document or invoice.
- Destination Folder: Choose any folder in your cabinet or scan to the Inbox. Scans sent to the inbox will appear in the From NeatMobile folder.
- NeatVerify: Choose whether to apply NeatVerify credits to the scan.
- Press and drag the dots at any corner of the image to Crop it.
- Tap the center of the image to Rotate it. Keep tapping the center of the image until it is in the desired position.
- In the menu that appears at the bottom of the app:
- Press the Plus (+) symbol to add an additional item to the same scan.
- Press X to delete the captured image and retake the photo.
- Tap the Paper icon to add Notes to the item.
- If you are satisfied with the image you captured, press the Check to begin processing the scan.
- You will see a notification from the Neat mobile app when the item is finished processing.